go to bottom

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>
Author: Subject: Movies
Adam
of The Livid

Currently listening to: S.T.S.

posted on 2004-3-29 at 19:36
i didnt like gothika very much. i think its because i'm really into old school horrors such as the original texas chainsaw massacre, evil deads, return of the living dead, dead alive. i highly recommend seeing those movies if you like to get freaked out.
Rob
of The Livid

Currently listening to: BREAKING BENJAMIN-FORGET IT

posted on 2004-3-29 at 19:59
No No No the best were the old ones, like pumpkin head, hellraiser's, stuff like that! halloween......Dont listen to Adam, those are all comedys! mmmmm brains ha ha ha ha ha
View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
Adam
of The Livid

Currently listening to: S.T.S.

posted on 2004-3-29 at 20:10
no no. listen to ME kids! rob's movies are science fiction! not scary. texas chainsaw massacre (1974) turned my girlfriend's face white!!!
little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2004-3-29 at 20:41
That was a brutal movie...it's the only one that has managed to 'scare' me.
The Exorcist put me to sleep, I never got the point of it hahah...was it supposed to be scary?

you won't let me down...

Eric

Currently listening to: Owen

posted on 2004-3-29 at 20:59
yea i never really found exorcist very scary at all

www.nobodyknew.net

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2004-3-29 at 21:36
I find it very hard to find the original texas chainsaw movie in videostores. I have looked, but no luck.

I really want to see the dawn of the dead. Considering it's a horror and it's actually being well recieved. That's very rare. And it actually looks freaky...or at least very entertaining.

I found the "night of the living dead" to be quite boring. Or maybe it was the sequal. Either way, very lame. It's the one where the city just gets nuked in the end, right? Seemed more like a comedy.

The evil dead trilogy is the best. I just got the Army of Darkness directors cut. I was surprised to find out how the original ending was supposed to be. I'm glad it didn't end up on that downer.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2004-3-30 at 06:30
that's "return of the living dead" Chris... the first one "night of the living dead" was much better. i esspecailly liked the way that all the main charactors die in the end... brilliant.

i have seen blade runner like 4 times, and i still dont really get it... it is also a very disturbing movie, just the way it was shot.

I dunno The Shining was probably the scariest movie i've seen. it's not really a horror movie, but most horror films to me are either cheezy and humorus, or just pathetic and shitty.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2004-3-30 at 13:18
Scary for me would be The Ring, only movie I've ever jumped in while watching. Sixth Sense came close though, but that was more the subject matter than cheap thrills.

I've always wanted to see Blade Runner, I've been told it's pretty good.

Oh, and I finally got to see Jacob's Ladder and my God is that film fucked up. It's amazing how much a particular game I've played (Silent Hill 3) borrows from Jacob's Ladder, like every creepy thing in JL has been transfered to SH3 in some way, it's so cool (by the way, you should all play the Silent Hill games, great for a good scare, they definitely shit all over the Resident Evil series for survival horror).

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-3-30 at 18:54
i thought the Ring was just more disturbing than actually sacry. but it was a bit scarier the second time i saw it... dont ask why.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-3-30 at 19:35
I agree, Sin. I have never had a theatre experience like I did with "the ring". I've seen scary movies, and I've heard people scream and jump before, but nothing like that. You could just tell that people were terrified. A couple people screamed really fucking loud...my girlfriend being on of them. It was a great time.

Blade Runner is due back today, so I had better watch it.

I tried to play silent hill 1 waaay back in the day when it was first out, and I got really stuck. I remember just running around the foggy city for a long time and then just giving up. Silent hill 3 looks pretty kick ass, though. I've been thinking about checking it out. Do you have to play the first 2 to understand the third?

I love RE games, too. One of my favourite games is RE2, and I had a blast playing the remake of RE1 on my gamecube. My sister-in-law watched me play the whole thing, she was so intrigued. You should read up on RE4, it looks like it's going to be amazing.

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2004-3-30 at 21:18
i played silent hill 1 through, reivax. that game was awesome. i thought the puzzles were really good, unlike in all other games ever (find key, open door, behind door is key to another area. repeat as necessary). i never played the other two though.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-3-30 at 22:32
I really should give it another go, for sure. It was when 3D games were first introduced to me, maybe that's why I had trouble. I have way too many games to play first, though. Like F10 and Kindom Hearts. I bought 5 PS2 games at christmas and I have only played one. I don't like GTA at all. The visuals make you look like you're on acid.

Enough about games, though. I'm currently in the middle of watching blade runner. I'm so bored with it, though. Maybe it's just one of those movies that was groundbreaking in it's day. But I rented it, so I have to watch it. Back to the movie...

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2004-3-31 at 01:37
The Ring was one of the most disturbing movies ever...if it hadn't been for my ex-bf I would have SOOO ran out of the theatre.

And...The Butterfly Effect isn't that bad now that I've seen it for the second time.

I'd like to hear people's thoughts on Passion of the Christ ,though.

you won't let me down...

Paige_x0x
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Against Me!

posted on 2004-3-31 at 02:36
I don't get scared by most horror movies. I watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) with my ex boyfriend last year. He cried. I laughed.

The night's as hot as hell. It's a lousy room in a lousy part of a lousy town - I'm staring at a goddess. She's telling me she wants me. I'm not going to waste one more minute wondering how I've gotten this lucky. She smells like angels ought to smell, the perfect woman... the Goddess. Goldie. She says her name is Goldie.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2004-3-31 at 03:11
quotation:
Originally posted by Reivax
I agree, Sin. I have never had a theatre experience like I did with "the ring". I've seen scary movies, and I've heard people scream and jump before, but nothing like that. You could just tell that people were terrified. A couple people screamed really fucking loud...my girlfriend being on of them. It was a great time.

Blade Runner is due back today, so I had better watch it.

I tried to play silent hill 1 waaay back in the day when it was first out, and I got really stuck. I remember just running around the foggy city for a long time and then just giving up. Silent hill 3 looks pretty kick ass, though. I've been thinking about checking it out. Do you have to play the first 2 to understand the third?

I love RE games, too. One of my favourite games is RE2, and I had a blast playing the remake of RE1 on my gamecube. My sister-in-law watched me play the whole thing, she was so intrigued. You should read up on RE4, it looks like it's going to be amazing.

SH3 is a sequal to the first game, and it helps to have played it (I actually had a friend who'd beaten the game explain it to me before I played 3, so I wasn't confused at all). SH2 is a stand-alone though, as will Silent Hill 4 be. I love the series because they cover themes which no other game delves into (sexual abuse, domestic violence, suicide, etc).

Oh, and I know of RE4 it's probably my number one most anticipated GC game. I've beaten both REMake and Zero so I'm kinda familiar with the storyline. I just prefer SH (though RE4 looks like it could be one of my favourite games of all time).

Anyway, as for movies, there's not much I've seen lately, other than Pirates of the Carribean. I didn't actually mind it, I thought Johnny Depp did a great job, he's definitely one of my favourite actors. He sure can play a drunk pirate (at least he seems drunk) well, that's for sure.

I'd like to see Once Upon a Time in Mexico but I might wait till it's on DVD.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-3-31 at 04:15
Once upon a time in mexico was really good. But many ppl like to disagree with my movie ratings

Paige, he cried? I guess its a good thing he's an ex

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-3-31 at 04:49
Once Upon A Time In Mexico was a very bizzare movie. i liked a lot of it, like the first half hour, but it's got a very confusing story line, and a lot of senseless distasteful fight scenes. i liked a lot about it though.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-3-31 at 04:51
I really liked depps character.

Story line was quite good too

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-3-31 at 04:57
yeah, when he takes off his arm, and when he shoots the chef... that was my fav part of the movie... wtf was up with Enriqe Iglesias (sp?) though... why was he in the movie?

oh and Antonio Banderez was really cool. i liked when he played the guitar... it was so random.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-3-31 at 08:49
I sort of lost my interest in the character Jack Sparrow when I heard he was basically just doing a Keith Richards impression. It didn't quite impress me much after that.

Ya, RE4 is going to kick some ass. It's going to be totally new, I think. Nothing like the other ones. I'll have to check out the Silent Hill games, definetely.

emmalee987

Currently listening to: jack fm

posted on 2004-3-31 at 20:03
once upon a time in mexico wasn't a very good movie at all compared to its predecessors El Mariachi and Desperado. Robert Rodriguez could have done a lot better i think. Johnny Depp's character was the only funny part in it and at the same time it was quite useless. The whole getting his eyes pulled out and getting all shot up at the end was kinda redic.

<><><><>EMILY<><><><>

emmalee987

Currently listening to: jack fm

posted on 2004-3-31 at 20:08
by the by, as for not being able to find movies like texas chainsaw massacre if you go to a company like blockbuster or rodgers and can't find it, you should be able to ask one of the employees if it is there and if its not ask them to call to a couple of their other branches and see if any of them have it. if companies like that are missing popular movies like chainsaw then 9/10 times it is because it was stolen, so they can also do special orders to get it back into the store. ask them about that next time.

<><><><>EMILY<><><><>

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-4-4 at 03:48
I just watched dawn of the dead. I liked it. It had no point, but it didn't need it. It was very entertaining.

Sarah Polly got pretty good looking. Last time I saw her was in Road to Avonlea...or actually it was The adventures of Baron Munchausan...but she was probably only around 9 or 10 for that.

Edit: No wait, I lied. She was in "GO"

[Edited on 4-4-04 by Reivax]

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-4-4 at 05:53
i saw taking lives last week... um it had it's moments. i sorta liked it. but in the middle it got way to "hollywood"ish... a car chase and all... no good. it was also a bit too predictable. i knew who the killer was as soon as the charactor was introduced. i changed my mind half way through the film, but it turned out that my first guess was dead on. and the last scene was quite brutal. but it was entertaining none the less.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-4-4 at 09:43
We were going to see that, but the only movie that was starting around 8:00 was Dawn of the Dead. It was either see that, or wait 2+ hours to see something else.

Speaking of which, has anyone ever been to the Burlington Famous Players on a Saturday before? It was so god damn busy, we had to park way past the Sobey's. I know that means very little to most of you, but that is really fucking far. There actually was not a single parking spot..we drove around for 15 minutes. Basically we had to park right by Brant St. way at the other end of the plaza. That's just stupid.

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

go to top