go to bottom

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>
Author: Subject: All about guitars.
tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2004-3-6 at 00:51
yeah rob often the copious drum/mic stand legs are worse than the cables aren't they?

Jeff K
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Head Automatica

posted on 2004-3-6 at 02:05
Pure_Ibanez, what's that in your avatar? A tree? It looks like one of my tattoos.

http://www.westpointrock.com
http://www.myspace.com/westpoint

.WAR IS OVER - If you want it.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage ICQ status of Jeff+K This user has MSN messenger
little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2004-3-6 at 17:19
I believe this has turned into the "Say what you want thread" sooo...let us go back to talking about the wonderful thing that is, a guitar...

you won't let me down...

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2004-3-6 at 22:28
back on topic: hey Reivax, thanks for those pics of Chris's guitars.. that was really cool... the one labled "Guitar" is really sweet!

Some things take more than a lifetime.

little_lady

posted on 2004-3-6 at 22:37
Speaking of those pics, they freaked me out at some points haha..
So detailed...you could almost not only see but FEEL the sweat man, clooose-ups do wonders.
But great pics nonetheless, really were able to capture the emotion and adrenaline these guys put into their shows.

And... Those fingers, I knew he had magic fingers but...lord...

you won't let me down...

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2004-3-6 at 22:51
The pictures were really that big? Did you have to scroll to see the whole thing? Or was it like that at first, and then it shrank?

Either way, my Mom's got one sweet ass camera and I wanted to take a bunch of pics. If I knew that that would happen, I probably would have made the pics smaller.

Ian, Chris let me hold the blue guitar. It's quite nice. I can't remember what kind it is. I think he didn't even know either. It's a late 80's model, I think...like the radius.
The only thing about it I didn't like so much is the "shark tooth" inlay. I never liked that...too metal looking for me. I'll stick with the boring dots...and I kinda like les paul block inlays and the PRS birds.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

little_lady

posted on 2004-3-6 at 23:01
Although I was not able to attend last night's show because of a last minute crisis, I did however acquire many different things that will most likely be of some aid to TheLivid in the future. It's just a matter of me giving them to Chris and suggesting certain ideas. At least he'll be able to make some use of the business cards and catalogues I got for the band.

Plus, I did tons of promo for TheLivid at CMW...I should have brought some flyers, I can't believe I was stupid not to.

you won't let me down...

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2004-3-7 at 00:38
wow Rievax that's awesome. it's reasuring to know that Chris doesnt even know what kind of guitar that is, i thought i was losing my touch. i actually like the "shark tooth" inlay. it's different 'n special.

dez, it's good to know someone is promoting the band.

oh, and i did have to scroll to see the pics, they were humongus.

[Edited on 7-3-04 by armour_guitarist]

Some things take more than a lifetime.

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2004-3-7 at 00:53
i believe it's an ibanez S model. not JS, but S. they're kinda rounder. not as nice, in my opinion. i played that guitar. yeah, i don't like the spiky inlays either. i don't think dots are boring though - they're just normal, if you see what i mean.

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2004-3-7 at 00:54
yeah reivax the pictures are frickin huge. but that's ok - if they're loaded you can just save them off and load them into some preview or editing program.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2004-3-7 at 01:55
quotation:
Originally posted by Jeff K
Pure_Ibanez, what's that in your avatar? A tree? It looks like one of my tattoos.

Indeed it's a tree. I thought it looked really cool.. kind of dark and freaky.

one last show.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-3-7 at 02:43
Well, I wouldn't quote me on that, but I do recall Chris stumbling when he tried to tell me what model it was. I could be wrong.

Sorry about the pictures. They aren't huge on my computer. They are for a few seconds, then they resize themselves to fit the screen.

I think the "dark" pictures are kickass..if only I had Adam they would all have their own. The Chris one is the best. Vanessa, my sister, is getting those pictures blown up at the photo shop and going to get them autographed at the next show. She is the one that actually took the pics.

Bart, maybe you'll know this, but in the picture of the radius it looks like the bridge is rusted....is that just the pictures?

[Edited on 7-3-04 by Reivax]

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2004-3-7 at 14:50
it kinda does look like that doesn't it? i have no idea if it actually is rust or not though. i'll ask him next time i talk to him.

kaitlynn
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: rent

posted on 2004-3-7 at 20:10
quotation:
Originally posted by little_lady
Plus, I did tons of promo for TheLivid at CMW...I should have brought some flyers,

I saw little flyer papers there upstairs by one of the ballrooms with the show and the bands performing on it.
But des if you woulda gave out flyers and your a volunteer you would have gotten kicked out in a heartbeat. I saw two other people do it and get fired, and even try to come back. Cavin gets pissed off when people do that, and you wouldn't be allowed to come back.

At the CMW tradeshow there was a contest where you could win a garage band (all the intruments and equipment to make your own) and they had this fender precision bass there in a silver/chrome type. It was purddyyyy

-Kaitlynn*

"I dreamed a dream of days gone by, I dreamed a dream a life worth living. I dreamt that love would never die. I dreamt that life would be, forgiving...But the tigers come at night, with their voices loud as thunder. As they tear our dreams apart, as they turn our dreams to shame."
-Fantine
(oh the the lifelong sorrows)

little_lady

posted on 2004-3-7 at 21:42
I signed up for that contest hahaha..and the guy said I didnt look like someone who would make good use of it, and I said "you're right, in fact if I win this i'm 'donating' it to someone else...and i would have filled out the ballot under this person's name..but i don't know their postal code.." hahaha..

The promo I did was with all the big names I was able to sit down and chat with throughout the day...
MY plan was never to make flyers and hand them out personally, but more like do something like the guys from Moonraker and leave the flyers hanging around the tables, I could have done it....I just forgot to bring them..fuck.

you won't let me down...

mi
Über Poster

Currently listening to: darcy

posted on 2004-3-7 at 23:10
i would have signed up for that contest... however, recently i have come to realize that i dont particularily like fender basses..... even tho i have one... their slap sound isn't very good. Yamaha's are better for slap.

the act of sacraficing bitter memories

i cant bring myself to fogive you, i cant force myself to fogive you, i cant bring myself to forgive you

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2004-3-8 at 13:34
quotation:
Originally posted by Pure_Ibanez_Sound
That looks like the back of my computer with all the colours and the wires and zing, zang BOOM!...GLIVEN!

that made me laugh so hard when i read it! oh god, too funny!

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2004-3-8 at 22:39
Looking at that post now, I realize how much it blew. Curse me for making that post. But curse you even more for liking it.

Question for the guitar people here:

What makes a good acoustic guitar? I have a beater Washburn and I'm really not happy with it's sound. It's too deep and mellow to play kind of happy songs like Hotel California. It comes it kinda shit.

SO, what should/could I do to give it a sharper sound?

Possibly buy new strings... etc?

one last show.

1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-3-8 at 22:43
yes shame on me plus im very sleepy

I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-3-8 at 22:50
Get it setup, Chris. And new string always help an acoustic guitar...alot. When was the last time you changed the strings? That's all you can really do, I think...

1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-3-9 at 13:50
i want an electric gee-tar

on my acoustic's string have been on it fer years! i think they were put on by my grandfather ( he's dead now). and it was his guitar. but my stupid grandmother(yes i know i called her stupid if you knew her you call her stupid too.) buggs the shit outta me by saying i thought you were getting lessons this was during the summer when it was outta tune and i was broke so i couldnt get me self a tuner. but now i have a tuner and where is this going?

I’m without you *Xx

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-3-9 at 15:16
I just bought a triple guitar stand for my guitars. I feel so special I tuned and polished all of them up before I put them on. It looks pretty sweet.

FireStormX

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-3-9 at 23:02
I wish I had a triple guitar stand, but first I need a third guitar. lol. The only thing I don't like about guitar stands is that the guitars take dust...
Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-3-9 at 23:08
I clean off my guitars once a week and tune them up. My house is so dusty anyway that I could clean it, and there could be a thin layer of dust on it after an hour already. Must be all the smokers in this house.

I didn't have any stands until yesterday. I just rested them on the wall. So, when I was at the stupid guitar store I bought one.

I was just dicking around at the guitar store waiting for the people I was with to buy some stuff, so I asked the dude if I could play one of their amps while I waited. He grabbed me a Les Paul to play...and I hated it. Firstly, it weighed a hundred pounds and, secondly, I couldn't solo worth shit. My fingers were getting caught in the strings. I think I was just meant to play Ibanez guitars. I think I would rather take a thousand dollar Ibanez over that 3000 dollar les paul....maybe.

RobH
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Westpoint

posted on 2004-3-9 at 23:15
Triple guitar stands are key. One of the spots on mine is occupied by a bass, though.

www.sluggy.com

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

go to top