go to bottom

<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: The 360
Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2005-4-16 at 16:18
The 360

Well, it seems stupid to make a thread for this show, as I'll probably be the only one that posts in it, but I can't see the band and not post about it.

So, I think my aftershow posts are getting rather redundant. I think by this point everyone knows how amazing they are live and how tight of a band they've become...and so on. So I wont say that anymore. For now.

What should be discussed was the interesting audience they had this time. Once again, it seemed like right as the band finished their first song "sick cycle", they had the attention of the entire club. I looked behind me and it seemed as if everyone in there was watching them. That's pretty awesome, because for alot of the time when I first started watching the band there wasn't nearly as many people watching, and I'd be one of the only people standing right at the front.

Anyway, beside me there were a couple younger fellas, one guy that looked like he was straight out of "dazed and confused". Avid Idle Sons fans, that had never heard of The Livid. Within a minute, they were clearly sold. You could tell how blown away they were and seemed to have dug every single song. After the show they said they've never seen a better band that has played with Idle Sons. Cool guys. I'm sure I'll see them around.

A couple other interesting audience members were watching. Near the end, this old fella with a cowboy hat was trying to get Justin to put his hat on. He must have been at least 60 years old. He was just hopping around the bar all night having a blast. Quite odd.

Now the most memorable audience member. The weirdo in the red shirt. He was not just drunk, but I think he was on every single possible drug I could think of. He was only really capable of screaming the word "fuck", and I was impressed he could do so. I could try and describe this guy, but it's gonna be hard. He basically was standing right in front pointing at the band members all night and attempting to sing along to the songs, but obviously didn't know the words and was having trouble moving his mouth. He'd occasionally turn his back the band, lean on the speakers in front, and stare at people, arms crossed as if he was a security guard protecting the band. Later in the set, his confidence started to grow and he wanted to be in the band. During the occasional moments when the entire band surrounds the drum set and is not paying attention, the guy was trying to pull Chris's mic stand off the stage and before he was successful someone from the audience stopped him and he gave up his attempt. Shortly after, during the second last song, or so, he went on the stage and started doing his "Marty Mcfly at the end of Back to Future" impression. He was up there for about 45 seconds, then he was taken down.

That's about it from the nut in red. I remember as the band was trying to put their gear away, the guy was back on stage with the microphone on his knees singing to everyone...though the mic wasn't still on. My assumption he was kicked out after that.

I basically left right after that in fears of missing the train. No time to say good show, or anything. But it's not like I wont see them again.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

Xlivid
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: THE LIVID

posted on 2005-4-16 at 17:10
I was there... the livid played well again... and I agree with the redundancy of constantly pointing out how good this band is live. I think I was made quite clear when under this live at the Hard Rock was posted on Myspace.com. The response has been quite positive. Sometimes it seems as though there are two livids. The one in studio who are slick and polished and there is the one live who are aggressive and raw and incredibly intense. I love em both but it seems like whenever I see one of them I always miss the other one....

This band is just too good...

I think one of the biggest things that needs to be addressed is that whenever there is a someone who speaks up about a lividbeef. The forum gets extra busy. And when the livid is just chugging along with new material and playing lots of shows and all is good the forum calms down... so I am gonna heat things up...

I HAVE A MAJOR BEEF WITH ROB.... that’s right... I said it... at the show last night I notices that rob was sporting hair... that’s right... no more shaved head... WTF buddy!!!??? I wasn't scared of you at all... and you call yourself livid...

Okay okay.... so I’m ready for it... let me have it... let me feel the wrath of the livid fans across the world... let me feel those slings and arrows. I am waiting for it.

cb

Christopher Bowes
Founder/ head of technical production
www.64dollarproductions.com

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2005-4-16 at 17:42
WTF, MATE? HOW COULD YOU HAVE BEEF WITH ROB, THAT GUY IS JUST SO FUCKING COOL, HAIR OR NO HAIR HE COULD STILL KICK YOU ASS !!!!!!!!!112LK1;OI3EOI1OI21!!!!!!!!!!!OI#E!:OI H@IH

Some things take more than a lifetime.

Mark

Currently listening to: james blunt

posted on 2005-4-16 at 17:45
all sounds good

haha, wouldnt it be funny if rob turned into a huge emo kid and started crying after every song they played

awesome.

www.westpointrock.com

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2005-4-16 at 17:50
I agree. But I think it's cool everyone on here is willing to stick up for the band and take offence if anyone tries to talk trash.

And speaking of which, what became of Raine and Dagger Phillips? I used to see Dagger at all the shows and ever since that dumb ass "what's next" thread, he's not been to any. Raine was at the next show after all that bullshit, but I haven't seen them since.

I'd make a bet that at least one of them frequently reads the posts on here still.

And to contribute to your other comment. I think I enjoy the live experience alot more than their polished studio sound. I don't miss the studio sound when I see them live. The experience of seeing the band live is something I appreciate every time I'm there. I hate it when it ends. And I may not be the jump up and down wave your hands in the air concert viewer, but I can assure you I'm in heaven when I get to see this band.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-4-16 at 17:53
as Reivax said earlier, i would pay good money for a high quality live album.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2005-4-16 at 18:31
Hahaha clearly Bowes is just trying to get some attention. You whore!

The word 'beef' is so un-explanitory. We shall, from now on, supplement the word 'issues' instead.

one last show.

Sin Ogaris
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Coheed and Cambria

posted on 2005-4-16 at 22:33
But I like beef, it tastes good.

As far as The Livid live is concerned... well, yeah.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage AIM status of Sin+Ogaris This user has MSN messenger
Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-4-17 at 01:21
Yes, when referring to the tasty meaty product...You can refrain from saying "Damn, this is some wonderful 'issues' you cooked dad!" You may use 'beef' in particular cases such as the one above.

A live Cd would be stellar. The Livid Unplugged, I presume.

one last show.

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2005-4-17 at 02:50
rob with hair, what a joke. don't believe a word.

i could easily have been the guy in the red shirt. except i would have known the words.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-4-17 at 14:39
Bart looks like my friend Mike Stockwell.. But we call him Stockwell or Stocky. Thing is...He stocks rather poorly.

Ha.

one last show.

Xlivid
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: THE LIVID

posted on 2005-4-17 at 16:51
OOhh believe it... he had hair... and i don't like it.... Rob... your a pussy... shave your head.... or i will start calling Robby. because.... uh... its less aggressive...

oh and the two boyz who said their Issues (happy now) about the band.. they got such bad feedback that they decided to breakup with the forum...

can't say i understand what they were talking about and why they took such action.
cb

Christopher Bowes
Founder/ head of technical production
www.64dollarproductions.com

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-4-17 at 17:27
anybody remember that hoobafingbus guy? that dude was just asking for trouble.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2005-4-17 at 17:39
Hard to remember exactly, Ian. Wasn't he the one that was badmouthing Justin because he wasn't cool compared to Jeremy. Popstars related...

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-4-17 at 21:45
no, that was "Primus" see: http://www.thelivid.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=728

im talking about Hoobafingbus_FAN_Number1. see: http://www.thelivid.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=368&page=2

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2005-4-17 at 23:19
Ah, yes. Now I remember. Fun times.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-4-17 at 23:31
Hahaha thanks Bowes...Much appreciated.

Sometimes I feel like I need a vacation.
Sometimes I feel like I wanna go,
To the city I live in,
The city of angles.
Lonely as I be, together in time.

I dunno ever wanna feel, like I did that day
Take me to place I love, take me all the way.

Kinda close. Such a great song.

[Edited on 17-4-2005 by Pure_Ibanez_Sound]

one last show.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-4-17 at 23:36
Umm.. right PIS... you just, erm, do your thing...

K-DAWG

Currently listening to:

posted on 2005-4-18 at 13:44
well it seems everytime i see these guys they just get better... i cant say enough great things aboout the livid and fna, they are such great bands... as for the dude in the red shirt, believe it or not he was JUST drunk, whata guy, thats the guy who i'd want in my crowd!
Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2005-4-18 at 14:23
haha. That's awesome. I definitely believe he was just drunk, but I guess I was trying to stress how messed up this guy was. Definitely made for an amusing show.

PunkRawkPrincess
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Sum 41

posted on 2005-4-18 at 15:47
I missed the drunk guy!!!! Blah

If i was 19/ had a fake ID i would have been there for sure, I try hard not to miss a livid show..
every Livid show is amamzing, no debating that!
and rob with hair?!?! I cant see it....

4 and 1/2 months till i dont ever have to miss a livid show!!

LISTEN TO MY RADIO SHOW

SHUT UP AND LISTEN
TUESDAYS 12:30-3PM
C101.5FM HAMILTON
www.mohawkc.on.ca/msa/cioi

* your all i want, your all i need, your everthing, everything*

1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2005-4-19 at 21:35
Chris you are such a bullshitter! BULLSHIT!!!! I know that you fully love Rob... hehehe kidding. Haha the band going emo, that reminds me of a convo I had with Schembri one night.

quotation:

im talking about Hoobafingbus_FAN_Number1. see: http://www.thelivid.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=368&page=2

^ was he totally obsessed with hoobastank or am I thinking of someone else? But I have to say that the hoobastank dude gives me the giggles now.

Hahaha remember Joel! He came on and all the guys hated him... now that was funny.

[Edited on 19-4-05 by 1lilrockerchic]

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2005-4-19 at 21:51
Yeah, Dobalina was a huge mystery when he first came on here. I remember PIS hated him.

At least I think that was the case.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2005-4-20 at 02:01
Haha yah dude, I totally threatened him. I think it was just the 'Mr. Dobalina' bit that annoyed me. Oops. I think I threatened Bowes too, initially....And those two guys that were all anti-livid, I remember talking about wanting to fight the dude at masonic.

Then came EVERYONE's favorite friend...MatL. Oh sheeshe, let's not even get started on that bozo.

I'm pretty much a bully. Sorry guys.

one last show.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2005-4-20 at 02:06
haha. I yeah. Mat L. What a guy. I remember why you didn't like him, but there was something he said that annoyed the hell out of me, too. Meh...

<<  1    2  >>

go to top